Barnes Greenhouses is a family business which has been in operation for over 120 years as a wholesale/retail grower of bedding plants, vegetables, hanging baskets and specialty containers. We cover all aspects of the plant production cycle from the initial sowing of seed to transplanting to finished product ready for delivery to stores for resale. We hire temporary help from January through May each year.
1. Upon completion of your application after January 1, you will meet briefly with a representative from our business to review the application. You will also be asked to answer some additional questions and have a photo id available for a reference.
2. After receiving and reviewing your application, we will determine if there are any positions you might be suited for within our company.
3. As a seasonal business, our needs for employees change throughout the year. We will continue to take applications from late winter through early spring as needed.
4. If you have a change of contact information after you have submitted your application, please contact our office to update that information.
5. Interested applicants will be called by our office as needed to fill particular positions based on their qualifications and experience. Due to the nature of our business, we often have very short notice when needing additional help. Therefore suitable applicants may be contacted and offered a position if they are available to begin working immediately.
6. Not all applicants will be hired for a position with our company. This is a very labor intensive, fast-paced business and all employees must be able to keep up with the momentum and expectations of the management staff.
7. All employees of Barnes Greenhouses must comply with our Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy which will include pre-employment and random drug screening. All positions will begin at $7.70 with the opportunity for wage increases based on performance, attendance and attitude during the season. End-of-Season bonuses are issued at completion of satisfactory employment.